Monday, April 16, 2012

How upset would you be if it's not an Archer type character? - Page 4

The amazon in D2 was my least favourite character. Element-based arrows and javelins made her feel a lot like a clone of the sorceress. What set her apart was that she could also fight in melee - something the wizard in D3 can do anyway.

I think they'll have to introduce a ranged class to satisfy the fans, but it needs a new slant to be even vaguely interesting - and an interesting way of dealing with enemies that get close.|||I can not say i would be mad to the point i would want to do something i would regret, i would be disappointed though. Rogue in Diablo, the Amazon in Diablo II was the first character i made and played. There skill are usually copied from the previous game, but i like shooting a bow. Some of the most awesome people shot bow... Robin hood, Legolas, green arrow.

But on a serious note, part of me is saying why would the save the archer class for last, and why was it the first class they worked on. This class has to have something unique and complex because how long they have been working on it. No matter what i will be on her as soon as they announce the class for diablo. YAH! blizzcon tomorrow!



Ps

please be a bard! (crossing fingers)|||Quote:




The difference is any one can pick up a sword and swing it to hit someone.

You can't even fire a arrow out of a bow without some knowledge of the bow.




There is a world of difference between swinging an object and performing an actually practical strike. Most people I've met don't even know the elementary concept of what it means to throw a punch. Suffice to say, if you are smart enough to figure that one out, you are smart enough to figure out a bow. And I would argue the physical and mental stress involved in a melee combat far exceeded anything any archer would ever conceivably have to deal with. Don't underestimate cavemen.


Quote:




And why do you think magic needs to have complex equations?




I am biased. Training to be a scientist. WD might not have to deal with these, but the Wizard probably does.|||I'd actually like to see Diablo's spin on a Bard class.

Back to the topic at hand. I wouldn't be upset if the 5th class wasn't a ranged physical. Confused, but not upset.

The Rogue archetype is the only thing we're missing in the vanilla game.|||Quote:








The difference is any one can pick up a sword and swing it to hit someone.

You can't even fire a arrow out of a bow without some knowledge of the bow.




I beg to differ my friend .. I never ever had a bow in my hand and until few weeks ago.. My friend put a bow into my hands and told me "look, hold it like this, insert arrow this way, pull a string, aim and release" and I was doing just fine.. Shooting directly to target.. Hell.. Even my girlfriend did it pretty well

I am not saying that mastering a archery is easy or easier than mastering any another weapon...but using a bow is not rocket science |||Quote:










I am not saying that mastering a archery is easy or easier than mastering any another weapon...but using a bow is not rocket science




Try it on a moving target. |||Quote:








There is a world of difference between swinging an object and performing an actually practical strike. Most people I've met don't even know the elementary concept of what it means to throw a punch. Suffice to say, if you are smart enough to figure that one out, you are smart enough to figure out a bow. And I would argue the physical and mental stress involved in a melee combat far exceeded anything any archer would ever conceivably have to deal with. Don't underestimate cavemen.






Wait, did you just say if you can throw technically correct punch that you can shoot a bow? That's like saying just cause I know how to throw a punch I should know how to lock on a correct gogoplata (that's a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu hold for those that don't know)





Being on the front line is less to do about mental prowess and more to do with emotional control, being someone that use to wrestle and now trains in the martial arts, I have first hand experience with this. In fighting you have to control your emotions. A lot of times you almost shut off your brains thinking half and go purely on instinct. This is why well trained soldiers get POST traumatic syndrome, cause it is not until later when they have time to think about what they have done do they get effected. On the other hand a marksmen is always thinking about his shots. This is why it takes a special kind of person to be a sniper in the military. Are there exceptions, sure, but there are in all things.



I don't underestimate cavemen (cause he can always club me when I am sleeping) I just know they aren't going to shoot a bow and kill someone till they have gained some working knowledge of how the bow works. and it takes much less time to figure out how to hit someone with a sword then a bow. I know, I have used both.






Quote:








I am biased. Training to be a scientist. WD might not have to deal with these, but the Wizard probably does.






That's just your beliefs of what a fantasy world would be like and since it is a fantasy we will never know the truth




Quote:








Try it on a moving target.




WORD! Try to hit a lateral moving target heading west at 6MPH at a distance of 50yards with the wind blowing 10MPH to the east and tell me it didn't take some thought to pull that shot off. Its hard and takes a heck of a lot more time to even pull off then swigging a sword and hitting a oncoming attacker.

Also Maniaccc, you only knew how to shoot the bow after someone that had experience showed you what to do, If he was to just hand you a bow and say shoot it how long would you have taken to even do that? I am guessing much longer then if he handed you a stick and said hit that dummy

O by they way woman tend to be better shots then men so the fact that she shot good shouldn't come as a surprise.

Not saying sword fighters are as dumb as a box of rocks, just saying it takes more training and more throught to use a bow then to use a sword.|||Quote:








WORD! Try to hit a lateral moving target heading west at 6MPH at a distance of 50yards with the wind blowing 10MPH to the east and tell me it didn't take some thought to pull that shot off. Its hard and takes a heck of a lot more time to even pull off then swigging a sword and hitting a oncoming attacker.




I've only done it with a rifle. I can't even imagine how hard it would be with a bow and arrow. I tried it when I was in high school and I failed miserably, even though I was a decent shot on a static target.|||Quote:








WORD! Try to hit a lateral moving target heading west at 6MPH at a distance of 50yards with the wind blowing 10MPH to the east and tell me it didn't take some thought to pull that shot off. Its hard and takes a heck of a lot more time to even pull off then swigging a sword and hitting a oncoming attacker.




It's not really harder than hitting someone with sword or flail who is actively blocking your blows..

I will say it again..mastering Archery is hard...very hard.. but shooting with bow is easy.. easy as swinging with sword .. my opinion.|||Quote:








It's not really harder than hitting someone with sword or flail who is actively blocking your blows..




I can't possibly see how that could be harder than hitting a moving target (or an armored target with a small break in armor) with a bow. Granted, I have not ever had the occasion to whack someone with a flail, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment