Friday, April 13, 2012

Conceiving the Demon Hunter(vid)

[:1]I recently found a vid on youtube where the D3 team discusses how they developed the demon hunter class. It appears to be from Blizzcon 2010 but I don't recall ever having seen it. Anyway it offers some cool early concept ideas and art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qditv...eature=related

We get to see some pictures featuring:

- an early concept of a bow wielding light armoured male Demon hunter

- a male demon hunter in ornate armour

- different types of the spike trap skill

- a more early assassin themed demon hunter instead of the current ranged type

- and an AWESOME idea that never came to fruition of a DEMON Demon Hunter

So what do you guys think? Has the Demon Hunter idea improved or worsened since its early days?

I personally think the current concept is a big step down from their original ideas.

Firstly, the "Persian"-assassin themed Demon Hunter appears to be much more believable and sinister than the one we've got now and leaves more space for customisation and hybridisation.

Secondly, WHY THE F**CK DID THEY DITCH THE DEMON IDEA?!!?!!1!!one!!

Heroes have to be human? Says who?!

Blergh, I actually wish I hadn't seen this vid, compared to their early ideas the current Demon Hunter looks nothing more than a watered down joke to me now. |||It's from the developer panel, first day of Blizzcon.

The DH has vastly improved from the earlier concepts. The Demon idea was awful and, thankfully, they realised that (so was the demon-arm idea...)

You're the first person I've seen say they liked the idea... |||Quote:








It's from the developer panel, first day of Blizzcon.

The DH has vastly improved from the earlier concepts. The Demon idea was awful and, thankfully, they realised that (so was the demon-arm idea...)

You're the first person I've seen say they liked the idea...




I am?

Heh, I guess my odd taste of fiction comes into play here then.

I'll have to agree that the demon arm idea is just weird but a demonic class isn't IMO. I just think the idea of a rogue agent from Hell is much more original and appealing than the lame revenge story the DH's got going now.

It's still as shame though, that they turned the DH from the evil/sinister class into the "sexy" one. Good for you if you like the new concept more but their slogan of "kicking *** in high heels" will never resonate to me as much as "fight fire with fire".|||Don't play with the Demon Hunter, or don't buy the game... There, problem solved...


Quote:








Heroes have to be human? Says who?!




I do... for one...

The debate finished loooooong ago... It was stated that Diablo is always about Humans against everything else, having a non-human class simply clashes with all the feeling...

I do think that visually the Demon Hunter has improved vastly... But, I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the male one, I don't really like using females in games...|||Besides, humans are stronger than demons or angels anyways (or will be in a few generations).

Also, why would a demonic agent want to attack Hell?|||Personally I would prefer a half breed, mostly human but part demon. This is more original and because he's still mostly human he has the capacity to be good.|||Quote:








Personally I would prefer a half breed, mostly human but part demon. This is more original and because he's still mostly human he has the capacity to be good.






You should give this movie a shot:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435631/

No comments:

Post a Comment