Monday, April 16, 2012

How upset would you be if it's not an Archer type character? - Page 2

I have the wizard. I'm not too concerned about what the last class is.|||I'm hoping that it's not an Archer, Big Tuna.|||Quote:








I have the wizard. I'm not too concerned about what the last class is.




imagine a rpg without a wizard (mage,sorc whatever they call it) and thats how a lot of people will feel about the lack of a archer|||Quote:








imagine a rpg without a wizard (mage,sorc whatever they call it) and thats how a lot of people will feel about the lack of a archer




Wouldn't matter. They'd have someone capable of ranged gameplay, whether it is a wizard or an archer.|||i guess i like having both.|||Quote:








i guess i like having both.




Nothing wrong with that. Just tends to not be my cup of tea.

The problem I have with pure ranged classes in a game like Diablo is that it is really frustrating when you can't stay at range. It makes the whole experience kind of pointless to me.

Especially a ranged character limited to seven skills. |||Quote:








Nothing wrong with that. Just tends to not be my cup of tea.

The problem I have with pure ranged classes in a game like Diablo is that it is really frustrating when you can't stay at range. It makes the whole experience kind of pointless to me.

Especially a ranged character limited to seven skills.




The wizard is a ranged class|||Quote:








The wizard is a ranged class




Yup, but mage characters tend to have more utility to them, because they also tend to be more fragile. (That, and they normally aren't purely ranged)

For many games, ranged "archer" classes tend to have very few utilities: traps, pinning shots (usually even called "Pinning Shot" :P), dodge passives, etc. It just isn't as interesting to me as something like Mirror Image or Slow Time. Nor as effective as teleport or whatever.

That isn't to say the archer class doesn't have potential, though. Time will tell.|||I won't be disappointed, I'm a witch doctor kind of guy. |||The pic didn't give it away Thomas... lol

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the lack of an archer class.

In fact I feel the same as Risingred, they tend to be frustrating in a game like diablo cause its nigh imposable to stay at range, that and there skills tend to be boring, here is a fire arrow, here is a ice arrow, here is a...

No comments:

Post a Comment