Friday, April 13, 2012

Demon Hunter Hands On - Page 2

[:1]Quote:








I doubt you can dual wield bows, even if for some strange reason you ever wanted to...




flux says you cant dual weild xbows either. or should i say finding a xbow gives you the graphic of dual weilding. thats how i understood him anyway. he would need to clarify|||there are the small pistol crossbows that drop as a set aka two weapons that count as one. and then they seems to be larger 2 handed crossbows. We seen bows drop but as far as i know nobody has played a demon hunter using bows yet.|||The Hunter is really starting to grow on me the more I think about her, but I am worried about the spellcaster feel people are getting from her in the demo. I'm not exactly in love with the "Shadow Magic" idea, I'd prefer she simply do an acrobatic vault opposed to what is essentially a shadow teleport. We already have enough mages with the Witch Doc, Wiz and (to some extent) Monk. We've only seen a fraction of her skills, so I hope in the future she will rely more on cool gadgets like traps, grenades and crossbows.|||Weapon options overall was dual pistol xbows [which drop as a set btw], the slow beefy xbow [it's slower then Buriza shot speed] and also the bow which was nearly as fast as the dual xbows but the bow damage seemed...a bit low.

I also saw javelins drop btw so...hrm >.>|||Were they throwing weapons or just melee?|||Sadly I only saw it drop - my playtime had expired and I moused over it but did not get to pick it up to check. I just noticed the name so it did raise a question of "Is that a ranged option or just a melee weapon now?" - perhaps someone else found em and looked at them.|||I wasn't at Blizzcon so I obviously haven't had a chance to play as the Demon Hunter yet. But watching the movies I noticed something that was different from the Monk, Barbarian, Witch Doctor, and even Wizard. The Demon Hunter spends half the time running away from enemies. I know it's supposed to be a ranged character, but it seems to contradict the D3 philosophy of non-stop action.

Even Wizards can handle enemies without running away when they have to: throw down a slow time bubble, put on magic armor, use spectral blades, etc. Maybe it seems like the DH is running more because she doesn't have a full range of spells yet, but I hope she doesn't have to fight, run, run, fight, run, etc.|||the player playing here in the video sure liked to vault into monster packs and ending up in strange places for a ranged character to be.

the player could have just thrown the spike traps ahead of her and then used the rest of the skills to keep the monsters at bay while killing them all.

More skills will only make this easier.|||That's good. I trust it means that both styled of ranged character can be supported - you can run and gun, or you can play more of a traditional stand back and pellet.

Blizzard is trying to allow a very wide variety of gameplay styles.|||1/4 of my fighting when I was soloing was spent vaulting. I have no complaints about it because it was insanely fun to be able to reset your range to fire off skills. I mean let's think about the Zon/Rogue and how irritation it was to get distance when you got swarmed.

Combined with bosses having vortex [the pull property] it was a really fun and genuine hit and run style w/o having to RUN around and try to find a position. Combined with entangling arrow there was plenty of time to stay and fire on mobs as they advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment