Thursday, April 12, 2012

Demon hunter skills & gameplay. - Page 2

[:1]Awesome, thank's for the info Flux. Yet I'm slightly concerned.. did those skills have any cooldowns or other limitations when you used them? Sure, the mana cost or what ever the resource cost is the main one. So was it possible to just stand still and still keep shooting mobs? Let's imagine some bossfight with your friend. Let's say that the boss is hitting your friend for like 10 sec. Can you use certain skill constantly to keep your dps going? I guess that the Burning Arrow would be the main one.

I don't know, I guess it's still too early to tell. Otherwise those skills are just perfect for such fast paced gameplay where you need to run a lot.|||No cool downs; all of her skills were just mana cost. And they weren't free/cheap, my DH was out of mana on every big battle, and often wound up shooting regular arrow, bolo, regular arrow, bolo, as the mana regen'ed.

This tells us very little about the final game; Bliz has said all the chars will have their own resource, and while Jay said the Wiz / WD may both end up with something like mana, I'll be surprised if the DH is at all mana-like.

I tried to speculate what sort of resource she might have in advance, and didn't get very far.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=780969

Having played her now... I still dunno. Hard to judge with just 8 or 10 skills enabled; the others may show a very diff focus for the char, so imagining a resource that works with what we know might be off target. Get it? Off target? I kill myself.



The char isn't really a glass cannon; she's not made to just stand and pewpew. You've got to keep moving and tactical retreating and hitting them with a variety of different arrow types. It's actually fairly mage-like, in the play style. But she had no pets and no way to convert enemies or anything for a tank. If she does in the final game, it would give her a different vibe. And of course once her skills are runestone'd, that'll make for more changes.|||Agreed - I'd like to know more about her resource cause I was definitely OOM alot, especially since Vault/MS chewed up a chunk. The saving grace in alot of my playthroughs was being able to entangle a pack and then vault away for more pew pew time.|||I have a question about the multishot. Did it still seem like it was 1 arrow per monster? I understand you can't be able to hit a monster with 10+ arrows at once like a shotgun, but 1 arrow always seemed a little too limiting for me.|||Quote:








I'm wondering about ammunition... I haven't seen any mention of needing to buy and carry arrows, bolts, traps, throwing knives, grenades or the like... is all the ammunition essentially built into the various skills?)




I heard the dev team say there will be no type of ammunition for the DH weapons don't remember where i heard this but I'm sure i did.

P.S. don't bring back GA i hated that skill.|||Quote:








I have a question about the multishot. Did it still seem like it was 1 arrow per monster? I understand you can't be able to hit a monster with 10+ arrows at once like a shotgun, but 1 arrow always seemed a little too limiting for me.




Multishot is the one that fires X arrows an a cone, I would expect you to be able to hit a large monster with 2-3 arrows but cant say for sure though.

Also there's definitely no ammo in D3 given that Pistol Crossbows are now single and duel wield weapons meaning there's no empty slot for a arrows or bolts, with out a complete equipment screen overhaul.|||Quote:








I heard the dev team say there will be no type of ammunition for the DH weapons don't remember where i heard this but I'm sure i did.

P.S. don't bring back GA i hated that skill.




Please give me GA :P One of my favorite skills with strafe following it. I consider GA and Multi-Shot a staple part of a ranged character after using it on the Amazon. It just feels like a nature extension of what a ranged character needs.|||I think MS is just one arrow per enemy, as in D2. You can probably figure it out from the gameplay movie, if you watch some frame by frame.

MS was markedly low dmg in the demo. I was disappointed; it hit everything in the direction you shot, but for obviously less dmg than bolo or entangling, the 2 default bow skills. I soon found it useful only for bunches of more than 4 or 5, since it was high mana cost too. Bolo was almost as fast for any group smaller than 4, and for a fraction the mana.|||for me - DH skills are boring and unimpressive, compared to any other class

Ah, except multishot, this one is really cool|||Quote:








MS was markedly low dmg in the demo. I was disappointed; it hit everything in the direction you shot, but for obviously less dmg than bolo or entangling




I am disapointed by this. I hoped MS was still working as it did in D2. You could choose the angle of the "fan of arrows" that you were sending by clicking at different distances from your characters. I think it added a bit of interest to the skill : you could make a small fan to hit a tight pack of monsters that was far away from you. Or a large fan if you were surrounded by monsters.

Sure, the new MS will do that if it hits every monster that is in front of you, but I prefer the idea of doing this by myself. It adds a little twist to this skill that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment